Join John Bradley in his studio for an over the shoulder view as he completes the Colours of Spring scene.
In this Masterclass JB takes you through the entire creation process.
In the Masterclass John shares all his tips, techniques and secrets!
In the Colours of Spring Masterclass John will demonstrate and explain particular skills and techniques.
In particular you will:
- Learn simple but effective techniques for painting an old Queenslander house, jacaranda trees, colourful bougainvillea vines sprawling over a fence, farm shed, gum trees, branches, leaves, foreground grasses, an old picket fence, and other garden features
- Learn how to use complementary opposite colours to enhance highlights
- Learn how to soften and control the intensity of colour to portray distance and create realistic tree
- Increase your understanding on how the sun’s light impacts sandstone cliffs in direct light and in shadow
- Increase your skills in painting in general
- Learn how to combine knife and brush work for added interest on tree trunks
- Learn how to limit your colour palette to keep your painting cohesive.
- Increase your understanding of composition and perspective
- Learn how finish off a painting with highlights on leaves and cows and bring your painting to life.
SUITABLE FOR OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTS: Even though this painting is created using oil paints the majority of the effects demonstrated in this Masterclass can be achieved with acrylic paint using a good flow medium.
John’s attention to detail will continue to inspire all levels of artist from beginner to more advanced for many years to come in your own studio.
Masterclass Length: 1 hour and 16 minutes