Join John Bradley in his studio for an over the shoulder Art Masterclass as he completes a coastal sunrise painting “Nambucca Sunrise”.
In this Masterclass John shares all his tips, techniques and secrets on how he creates this seascape.
Painting a Coastal Sunrise
In the Painting a Coastal Sunrise Masterclass John will demonstrate and explain the skills and techniques he uses, you will:
- Learn simple but effective techniques for painting the sea, sky, clouds, waves, foam, splash, water shimmer and shadows, rocks, sand and other seascape features
- Learn how to use complementary opposite colours to enhance highlights
- Learn how to ‘grey off’ undercolours
- Increase your understanding on how the sun’s light impacts on water and rocks
- Learn how to create scale and perspective using familiar elements.
- Increase your understanding of composition and the creation of a centre of interest
- Learn how to enhance the centre of interest with multiple elements
- Learn how to create harmony with a limited colour palette
- Learn how finish off the painting adding seagulls and water sparkle to give the painting perspective and life.
SUITABLE FOR OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTS: This painting has been painted using oil paints however the majority of the effects demonstrated can be achieved with acrylic paint using a good flow medium.
John’s attention to detail will continue to inspire all levels of artist from beginner to more advanced for many years to come in your own studio.
This Coastal Sunrise Masterclass consists of one hour of painting and commentary by the artist, with helpful advice on painting key elements in a seascape.
Below is a fast forward snippet from the Masterclass with the commentary removed. Enjoy!